2012年12月23日星期日

Working on My Style!

Hello, everyone. I wanted to post today about the recent events i've gone to, but at the same time, I want to talk about finding one's style within lolita, especially finding myself in lolita.

Last year, I had issues finding my style. Many of the outfits I wore, did not make me feel happy, or feel like myself. However, this year, I decided to take it slow, and now, I feel like I am heading somewhere, into a style I am feeling happy about. In the beginning of the year, I told myself that I would take it one step at a time, and I did. The Pretty Ruffled Black and White Punk Lolita Dress is my best choice. I started by rearranging my closet. I didn't color coordinate it but I separated my skirts, JSKs, and OP based on style. From sweet to classic. In part I could thank being accepted to FIDM because it's so close to the fashion district, and when I went fabric shopping or browsing, I tried to focus more on the floral prints and such. I figured you can't get anymore classic style than buying florals. To me that's a basic staple.

Also with Anime expo, I was able to create lots of merchandise, which i fell in love with. I had to keep some of the merchandise for myself and I was happy. Also, I bought some flower pins and broaches, and star pins and broaches, things I preferred. I feel that if you pick things you really like that are really you, you tend to find out that you can apply them to lolita as well. It turns out the bear items I had went well together in one coord and the florals in almost everything I had. It was a great investment. Also I created a theme for myself. Now I feel like my coords are more me and I am happy.

I still believe that I am improving with each coordination, and hope one day I'll be as cute or great as the better lolitas on EGL and the Inspirational Japanese lolitas.

没有评论:

发表评论